Saturday, January 17, 2009

Where do I start???

My walk with God has been recently renewed in my life and He has lifted and continues to lift my heart and spirit to heights I have never known. I would like to post my feelings, prayers, insights, and love for Jesus Christ here. To share the Lord's love and glory, it is my hope that many can also read to get to know Him and His love that he has for each one of us.

It has been a long stretch of being lost in my life once again. The world around me distracted my feelings for the Lord. Many nights I lay awake praying and seeking answers to help with my convictions. I have grown into old habits and fell away from walking with God. I think my desire to change and release my convictions came strongest to me because of my daughter. She has been a large eye opener to where my life is, where it has been, and where I want it to go, but most importantly what kind of parent I want to be for her. I needed to act now as she is getting older, and God knew my desire to do so. My fervent prayers are what gave me the strength today to overcome what I thought I had already battled. He has lifted my conviction and I now must follow him to keep in His Spirit and continue to seek and to listen so that I might be all I can for my family, friends, neighbors, and fellow Christians.

As I was creating this blog I attempted several templates to express my purpose that will be constructed here and after many hours of seeking, I found the lighthouse theme by Dale Fincher called "Shining Like a Lighthouse" and thought to myself, "What is more fitting than a lighthouse. Isn't Christ the Lord the one who gives us our light?" This is a true capture of our relationship with God through Jesus Christ.

I pray today, Father, that you will enlighten me with your spirit as I write, that what passes through my fingers will be through you. I am thankful for you, Lord, and for your gift of your holy son, that I, a sinner, can live in the light of your eyes. I pray for those that do not hear you but more so those that do not listen. I pray that they may hear your voice through the Holy Spirit and may receive it in your glorious way that their hearts too will be lifted and they will seek more of you. I praise you and worship your name as I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: