Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hunger

Have you ever felt hungry? Of course. As humans our body requires nourishment in order to continue to do what it is meant to do. Spiritually I have been hungry in so many ways but never knew how to feed myself. Sure I knew of prayer and that it was powerful but only used in crisis situations. I didn't think of it as a means to remain close to God each day. I was literally starving my spirit just the same as I do with my body.

Today I enjoy not only praying to God on a daily basis but reading His Word, fellow shipping with those that are also Christians, listening to different music, fasting, and sharing my blessings with others as a witness. I want to spend all my time with God and find Him to be with me every hour because I have seeked Him.

A couple of years or more ago I had accomplished weight loss. What I learned was that the body runs more efficiently if you feed it throughout the day. It doesn't feel neglected or likely to "hoard" what storage of food it has in the event it is needed in an emergency. Like my body I found that this is also true to my spirit. My spirit needs fed on a consistent basis to properly utilize my faith in that I might fulfill His work and continue His plan for me. With this daily process I find that I am satisfied and always seeking for more. But can someone over focus on the Lord? Just like a person can be over zealous in keeping their health that it takes up their whole being, is this also something that a person like me should be concerned about? A person that has a new found love for Jesus Christ and is inexperienced in her walk with God?

I ask this question because I find I have to fight the urge to sneak away to read my bible or to blog as I am now so that my family does not get neglected. I must pray about keeping all things balanced so that I can feed my spirit as well as my family's. Just this morning I have to watch the clock as I type, it seems I have so much to share that my mind, heart and spirit are already several blog entries ahead of me. Maybe this is all the reason why I am over zealous - I realize that I am playing catch up and now that I have a means to enter my feelings here, I will be able to catch up from the past experiences I want to share so that I may focus more directly on my daily witnesses. I find then that I need to pray...I just worry and do not want to lose sight again as I have done in the past but don't want to exhaust myself either.

I pray Lord, as only you can give me the patience that I need. That you know my heart in that I desire to continually be fed. I pray that you will will help me to be content with the short time I have in my daily activities to spend alone with you. I want to continue to seek, Lord, but I need to seek you at the right times. Therefore I pray for my family and for those around me that I have neglected because of my being pre-occupied with you. That they may be fulfilled with your Spirit and be influenced by you as I have. I pray for these things in your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments: