Saturday, October 24, 2009

Seeking Myself Again

I find I often don't write when I am in the valley. My inspiration doesn't come. But I also find that during these times I am lacking in feeding the spirit and have gotten comfortable in my old habits. While I realize that not all my experiences in walking with God will be mountaintops, I do well to remind myself of the times they are and it is funny how all at once I am blown away with the grace, love, and blessings I have been given. Because I re-witness these things it is encouraging to me...to remind me that I am not of this world...that I am from His.

I wonder if I've let too many distractions take my focus away from His work and my commitment I desire to keep. I pray this is only a stage...a learning period...for my heart has changed, that I do not doubt. If it hadn't then I would not be bothering to writing this as we speak.

I've been thinking about writing of my experiences prior to my knowledge of the truth and my salvation since as far back as I could remember. I would have to do it in several installments but soing so while walking in the valley it would be good to write about them at the times I am needing quenched. So I'll have to take some time to do so, along with getting into God's word, and start my next climb to a new mountaintop!

No comments: