Saturday, January 17, 2015

Your Creation


Psalm 139:17-18


Dear Lord, 

I love to ponder Your creation. This earth I stand on. This earth that You created. How precious is all Your Creation! Everything is handcrafted with Your care. The thought You put into everything. The thought You put into me.

My memories as a child take me back to many instances where Your presence was with me. I didn't now You then as I do now, yet I knew You were there. There is one particular day that has been on my mind as of late and I am inspired to share it here...

As far back as I can remember, I enjoyed playing outside no matter the weather - each day was a new experience. I grew up in a home with an acre of land full of grass, plants, and trees. My father had a beautiful garden and pasture. Oh how I loved spending time alone there. There was always so many things to explore in my surrounding world - the colors - the textures - the sounds - the smells. And my thoughts Lord, I loved thinking so many things about them.

On this particular day, I was probably 5 years old, I really don't know, but I recall playing in the summer shade with the cool, silky, soil in my bare toes. I was hiding in the tall grape vines and pretending I was in another land. I remember pausing as I felt You there with me and in that moment I realized that this place I was in, this place called earth, was full of life! 

I then paid attention watching every detail with my eyes and how intricate everything became to me. It was as if You curled the tendril vines around Your very fingers at each end drawing them where they were supposed to go. 

I was amazed at the vast amount of branches that You orchestrated into a magnificent trellis around the structure they were given and how their life was engulfed into providing strength for the yielding fruit to come.

The large leaves woven with Your hands, were jagged and vibrant green, rough, yet soft and velvety to the touch.

I then turned to the grapes deep with this color called purple and noticed how each one of them donned such beautiful frosty bloom. As I touched them to feel their skin, my fingerprints were left behind imprinted on their being. 

The smell You gave them was so new and intriguing to my senses that I needed to know what was on the inside. So I borrowed just one and as I opened it I found seeds tucked in green flesh, not at all what I expected. I thought maybe they weren't ready yet, that I had picked this one too soon. 

The taste was not becoming to me with my sour face turned in. This was not the way I knew grapes to taste. "Shouldn't they be sweet?" I thought. And after removing the bitter pulp I still found the experience of Your creation in them more intriguing to me than the jam I helped Mom to preserve in those Mason jars the year before.

I love hiding there in our secret places Lord. Oh Lord, how I love to ponder on all Your creation! I am in awe of You! I love the thought You put into these beautiful gifts for us here on earth so much so that it does not enter my mind what You have in store for me in heaven!

Romans 1:20 " For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse."

No comments: