Monday, October 29, 2012

Gearing Up

So I read James 1 5-8 from The Message and find that I am truly inspired yet again by the  living Word of God. 

"If you don’t know what you’re doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You’ll get his help, and won’t be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought. People who “worry their prayers” are like wind-whipped waves. Don’t think you’re going to get anything from the Master that way, adrift at sea, keeping all your options open."

It really speaks to me. It is a clear reminder of God's instruction to not be wishy washy. If we don't act like we believe we certainly aren't believing. In reading this I am convicted as I know I worry a lot in my prayers. Instead of letting my Amen be said, I have continued to spend time worrying about the very thing I am praying about even after I have just prayed! No wonder why it takes so long for my prayers to be answered! God waits on me to believe.

There are many prayers in my life right now that I have no doubt and am bold in belief, so why do I struggle with others?

This is the battlefield. Time to go back to The Book and gear up.

No comments: