Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Stinkin' Thinkin'

I've been reading Joyce Meyer's Battlefield of the Mind and can I just say I am so glad to know that I am not the only one that has struggles here!

She's right, we have stinkin' thinkin' and in so many areas of our lives. I find myself thinking wrong thoughts almost constantly!

When reading others' blogs I often why they can always "seem" to be so positive and always uplifting. Joyce says this takes a lot of time and practice to get rid of the stinkin' thinkin' - and that it also takes a lot of God. I pray that one day, sooner rather than later, my walk will be mature enough to focus on the positive. In the meantime I will continue to remind myself in my walk that this is part of the process - even if I don't understand it. I know that the enemy is fighting this war in my mind and while he thinks he is getting to me, I also know it is all part of the process to recognize that it is the enemy who is interfering with my spirituality and so I learn to rely on Jesus for my strength. I also have learned to accept that I need to ask for His forgiveness when I do allow my thoughts to take me captive. Even when Satan tells me I don't deserve to ask or to pray, I know that I am worth it! I am that lost sheep and He is my Shepherd.

I highly recommend Joyce's book and I know I will be reading it again just as soon as I am complete with it.

1 comment:

Hen-Cin’s KuhnsCoop said...

Thank You for sharing from your heart and not from your mind. I hope that makes sense to you . If we talk from our minds , as Joyce says .... then that is the Stinkin' thinkin' stuff ..but from our hearts is the deepest more sincere parts that are so vulnerable to hurt and shame .
No shame Tammy , or hurt ...just sincere honesty .I think it's ok to let the Stinkin' Thinkin' out ..so others like us dont feel so alone and also to know what to pray straight to your heart for . God Bless you and know , my heart works on this very same thing everyday ! Thanks for the encouragement and love you sent through your post for each one of us. CindyKay