Saturday, October 30, 2010

Don't close your eyes!

Savannah, my daughter, always sends keen messages to me. Messages that remind me I am a daughter of God.

The other afternoon she and I were at our new church. It was after a luncheon given to those that are new to the congregation. She grabbed my hand, and said, "Mom, I have a surprise. Close your eyes and hold my hand." I instantly replied, "I can't close my eyes or I might trip!" She said back to me, "I will hold on to you." She then led me into another room, had me open my eyes and then pointed to a baby crawling in the foyer. She said, "See. Look!"

It was the cutest thing. Of course Savannah loves babies. Who doesn't. But the message that hit me here was when I said, "I can't close my eyes or I might trip!"

This is so true! I have been battling many spiritual warfare and even slipped some away from the Gospel because I have been shutting my eyes rather than keeping them open where I can remain in a cautious state of mind.

But Savannah's second message occurred to me...that even though my eyes were shut, Christ still held my hand all the way through. Leading me and making sure I didn't fall!

I thank my Heavenly Father for the gift of His son and the Holy Spirit for always being near and reminding me of the Gospel so that when I don't "feel" near I remember my faith and am given a renewed hope to continue forward.

John 14:17 (Amplified Bible)
"The Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive (welcome, take to its heart), because it does not see Him or know and recognize Him. But you know and recognize Him, for He lives with you [constantly] and will be in you."

John 14:26 (Amplified Bible)
"But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you."

Another message that has struck me well this week after my Bible reading is of how can I expect God to remain near me when I am not near Him?

James 4:8 (New Living Translation)
"Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world."

Thank you Lord for your word and your guidance through Christ and your Holy spirit! I pray I will remain obedient and thirsty for your life and love. May the enemy have no power over me!

No comments: