Monday, May 4, 2009

Music....the Food for My Thoughts

Music really lightens the heart, spirit, and mind's emotion. It sets the mood for the minute, hour, and day. I have added some of the most recent music that I've heard on the radio to my site here. I find it is as strong as reading the word and praying to God and it is a great way to spend time commuting to and from everyday life. It really recharges my batteries.

While I have so many questions about the Gospel and Jesus Christ as I am still learning, I also am limited on the time I can spend to make entries about them. I haven't been able to as much as I have liked lately, but there is always something stirring inside.

Last week's sermon mentioned that every time we read the word, pray, or praise God, we are being changed. Whether we feel it or not. The energy that comes from the time spent with Him eventually comes out in some form. Hearing this I realized that I wondered why I didn't always "feel" changed after reading, praying, or singing praise. I guess because there were so many times where I did, I just expected the same result. It now makes perfect sense. What I learned a few days ago will be fruitful for me a few days after. He puts us in a desert for a reason. I may never understand this and while I am not supposed to, I do accept it.

This is why I love blogging. I love that I can jot down only one thought and ponder on it when I have time and can publish it when I feel ready. This morning I didn't feel any spirit inside of me. I felt dead in fact. But because I remembered just now that I have been wanting to post my play list in my blog is where this all changed for me today. I played one song while I was obtaining the code and bam, I was inspired to write something!

My husband is a musician. He is very artistic in the capability of producing music and lyrics out of nowhere. But like me he must have the desire and the right mood, time, and energy. A lot of times things come when you are nowhere near a note pad or keyboard he says. He stores it up in his head. He is also like this when it comes to cooking. That man of mine can conjure up the most amazing things. I'll joke with him and tell him how "un-artistic" I am. Sure I used to be able to draw back in Jr High, but that's not even been an attempt since. I then realized that I do have an artistic ability. I like to write. I like to form my thoughts and get it out on paper, er computer. I like it because it feels organized. It is as if someone is listening to me, and it is challenging to provoke people's thoughts. It's almost as if I am writing music. :)

No comments: