Sunday, March 8, 2009

Change in Season

There is only two things that I know to remain constant in this world - change and God. God's love & God's Word always remains constant and "unchanged" while everything in this world changes and it is during His season and with His time. Being that I am a mere child of God who is impaired with flesh and emotion allowing for impatience and fear of the unknown, change is frustrating and I grow tiresome of it. Don't get me wrong, I am open to change, otherwise life would be dull and predicting. I guess I am just not open to it when there is too much all at once.

My family is in upheaval at this time. We are all struggling with unhappiness and uneasiness at this moment due to complicated stress caused by changes. Employment status, age, expectations, and habits all happening at the same time have cause different changes and are now impacting us in this season and it is hitting hard. Sometimes it is hard for me not to be envious of others at this time. I always seem to think they have a wonderful life and are lucky to not be going through what I am, but this thinking is wrong. I realize the biggest obstacle of change is disappointment that is caused by this type of negative thinking which is and always has been the root to creating despair in my life. I am fighting the fight however, and must strive to be positive. I will need God's help. Change is constant just like Him.

Life is like this. But it brings us closer to God and his Word. Our heartaches encourage us to ask for His love, to comfort and to guide us. We as Christians expect God to respond as we know His love - unchanging and always there. I will be glad when the day comes that I am finally with Him so that I remain in His light that will be ever comforting and I will be without change. I find it interesting that it is now that I am just realizing that this eternal life with God is the "happily ever after" that those childhood fairy tales referred to.

This gets me thinking about just how many seasons do we have in our lives? Once blessed after defeating a long trial, I find I feel I will be good to go and be able to handle the next thing that comes about better than the one before. And then I am surprised at how each time I am given a new and different trial that takes me off guard and it is up to me to grow from it rather than to be negative. If I do this upfront and am proactive, the trial will not be as long lasting I hope. I realize positive thinking is very powerful but it is harder to practice than it is to preach.

I pray that I can remember there will be light at the end of the tunnel when I am in despair during a particularly tough season such as the one I and my family are going through now. I pray that I will obey God and His Word He sends me through The Spirit during the trials I and my family are enduring at this time. I pray that when the season is in my favor that I will always remember to thank and praise God just as often as I pray for comfort during the hard seasons in life. I pray that my family will seek and receive you Lord, just as I plan to. I just pray.

1 comment:

Rambling Rita said...

My prayers are with you. know that we care and will be there if you need us.